Fill out the form to start your claim today!

If you have suffered from an accident at work, it’s essential that it is reported to a manger or higher authority as quickly as possible. Throughout the pandemic, it has been crucial for people to work from home in order to keep safe from Covid-19. However, now that you may be working in the office, it’s important that you understand the responsibilities of your manager and how it is their “duty of care” that requires them to keep you safe. Should you, or someone else in your office, get hurt, it’s essential that you ask for help as quickly as possible. It may be due to the negligence of management that you were hurt in the first place. Therefore, you may be eligible for compensation if you decide to make a work accident claim.

Find out more about accident at work claims by contacting Gowing Law Solicitors on 0800 041 8350 or by clicking on the button below to start on your own work accident claim:

Work Accident Claims Button

How could you experience an accident at work?

No matter what type of business you work for, there is a chance that you could be hurt due to the negligence of your manager. Whether you work for a construction company or are an employee in an office, your employer has a responsibility to ensure that you understand how to work safely in the office. Their responsibilities include:

  • The basic training of the job
  • How to handle on-site machinery
  • Allowing you regular breaks and rest periods
  • Making sure you know the fire safety procedure of the building
  • Providing you PPE and safety equipment
  • Ensuring that the building has effective security in place
  • Helping and supervising difficult customers or clients
  • Providing a clean and tidy work environment

Now, even in the best work environments, accidents can happen and you could end up getting hurt. In these cases, you may decide to accept accident at work happened and move on. However, if your manager acts negligently and puts you, as their employee, at risk, you could be owed compensation due to your damages. Take a look at the infographic below to see some of the most common ways you could get hurt in the workplace:

Accident at Work Infographic

What sort of injuries could I experience due to an accident at work?

When you suffer from a work accident, it is likely that you could claim compensation if you were not responsible for your accident. Like any other type of personal injury claim, there are two types of damages that you could experience. In the legal world, these are known as “general” damages and “special” damages. General damages account for all of your physical damages. In order to claim for special damages, you will need to have suffered from a physical injury. Special damages account for emotional harm, financial harm, loss of opportunity and damage to property. The more damages that you have suffered from, the more likely it is that you are going to receive a higher amount of compensation. That’s why it is crucial that you tell your solicitor about all of your damages.

Some of the most common physical injuries you could receive due to an accident at work include:

Type of accidents at work and injuriesOf course, these are only a few of the types of injuries you could experience. If you have been hurt due to a work accident, speak to your solicitor as quickly as possible. They can help you have the damages assessed by a medical specialist and will let you know a rough estimate about how much you could be owed in compensation. Therefore, the worse your damages, the higher your compensation pay-out is more likely to be.

Timeline of accident at work claim

How do I report my accident at work before I get started on my claim?

By reporting your accident, or alerting a higher authority about it, you could be entitled to statutory sick pay (SSP) and additional benefits. This depends on the extent of your injuries and damages. If you have been hurt in the workplace, you need to let your manager know as quickly as possible. If you are not working in your current workplace, i.e. you have been sent abroad or to a different office to work, make sure to alert the higher members of staff in that workplace as well. Each office will have their own accident workbook and policy to follow when it comes to work accidents.

With that said, after speaking to management about your injuries, it’s crucial that you have the accident noted in the work accident handbook. This can serve as evidence that you were hurt on the premises. From there, you should also look for evidence that can be used to back up the extent of your damages. Evidence can include:

  • Photographs
  • Videos
  • Witness Statements
  • Diary Entries
  • Receipts
  • Medical Reports
  • Police Reports

Make sure to check your contract to see if you are eligible for statutory sick pay. If you are not eligible then you may need to consider looking into universal credit. You can then get in contact with your solicitor at Gowing Law to start your accident at work case. They will speak to the responsible party on your behalf and help sort out your settlement agreement.

Solicitors and accident at work claims

How much compensation could I be owed for an accident at work?

The amount of compensation you could receive depends entirely on the extent of your damages. If you have suffered a life-changing injury that resulted in a disability, you could be owed much more than someone who has suffered from only a few scrapes and bruises. The amount of special damages will also effect how much you could be offered. For instance, if you were forced to pay for your medical treatments, and were forced to stay home from work, you could be owed compensation for your financial damages as well as your physical damages. To figure out an estimate for how much you could be owed, speak to your solicitor. They will help you with your settlement agreement. That way you can decide whether or not you think it is worth pursuing the claim further.

Start on your Accident at Work Claim today with Gowing Law Solicitors

Work Accident Claims Button

Here at Gowing Law Solicitors, we are ready to help you with your work accident claims. You should report your accident at work as quickly as possible. That way you can get help for any damages that you have suffered from. Gowing Law can get you started on your Work Accident Claim by providing free advice and consultations to get you started. If you are happy to move forward with your case, our law firm’s solicitors can work with you on a “no win-no fee” basis. That means you will never have to pay any hidden fees. Therefore, you will only need to pay your solicitor if they win your case for you. Therefore, you will always come out on top.

Contact our law firm today by calling 0800 041 8350, emailing or by using Gowing Law’s claims checker. One of our specialists will then be in touch to answer any additional questions you may have about your case.

Learn more about accident at work claims

Gowing Law's Blog Button

Don’t forget that if you want to learn more about work accident claims, you should visit Gowing Law’s blog for more information. We update it regularly about UK law claim, information about Gowing Law’s legal firm, seasonal events and competitions/giveaways. You can suggest blog topics to us by writing into . If you want to sign up to Gowing Law’s newsletter, please use the button below:

You can also follow our social media pages to see our latest video content and FAQ images on our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Therefore you should click the buttons below to visit each aforementioned social media page.

We look forward to seeing you in our next blog!

Read our previous blog button

Gowing Law Twitterfacebook link for Gowing Law

LinkedIn Button

Statistics we're proud of

At Gowing Law, we always put our clients first, this means that we have a great relationship with our Clients and they rate us very highly. See our statistics below!


Would recommend us to
family or friends


Won every day for our
happy clients


Would use us
in future

Starting your claim is easy!

We'll review your details

We'll call you back

Authorised & Trusted

Gowing Law are a professional law firm that specialises in the personal injury sector of the industry. Gowing Law are Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Gowing Law are trusted by the people who they have helped in sucuring the compensation they deserve, with fantastic reviews across all review sites including Trustpilot & Google Reviews.

Gowing Law is law firm based in Manchester but offer their legal services nationwide. We specialise in the personal injury claims and our team of solicitors have the experience and expertise needed to handle your case and help you through the claims process.

Get in touch

P: 0161 464 4444
Ivy Business Centre, Crown Street, Manchester, M35 9BG
We're here to help!