Fill out the form to start your claim today!

Work Accident Claims: What do you need to know?

Work accident compensation claims are more common than you think. Now, it’s probably the last thing you’re thinking about at Christmas time, but if you have been hurt before you went on your Christmas holidays, you may find that you are injured during one of the happiest times of the year. No one deserves to be injured before Christmas. If you have been working remotely because of the pandemic, it’s very likely that you have not been hurt. But even then you could suffer from repetitive strain disorder! Either way, if your employers do not take your safety seriously, then you could be owed compensation for your injuries.

If you have suffered from an injury at work, Gowing Law Solicitors will make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve. Our specialist can give you advice that you need to get started. Click the link below to find out more information.

What is a Work Accident Compensation Claim?

If you have recently got hurt due to negligence from your boss or manager, whilst you are in the work place, then you could be owed compensation for your injuries. Normally, when we got to work, we expect to be kept safe so that we can do our jobs efficiently without there being any potential problems. However, if you are

  • Forced to do a task outside of your skill set
  • Made to do repetitive tasks that could cause nerve damage
  • Forced to interact with a violent customer
  • Injured due to a dangerous/ untidy work environment
  • Expected to do your job efficiently without any safety training

This could make you more vulnerable to getting hurt. If you suffer from an injury, this could cost you and your firm. Not only could you be forced to stay off in order to recover, you will not be paid your full wage. It does not matter how bad your injuries are, if an unsafe work environment or negligent staff put you at risk, and you end up getting hurt, you could claim compensation.

What sort of work accident compensation claims are there?

The most common accident claims come from physical injuries in an unsafe work environment. However, you can also suffer from emotional damages, financial damages and equipment breakages. In terms of the physical injuries that you could suffer from, these include:

Of course, you could get hurt in other ways, depending on the type of work that you have. For instance, for builders, they may be exposed to dangerous faulty equipment or fumes. However, for an office worker then they may be more at risk of exposed wires or repetitive strain injury.

If you have sustained injuries from an accident at work that was not your fault, you will be able to claim compensation from the other party. Your manager owes you a duty of care, aka. Needs to care about your safety. Therefore, they should be doing everything reasonably possible to ensure that they can to make sure that you can do your job without feeling threatened. If they do not do their best to risk assess your position and keep you safe, getting hurt means that you could be owed compensation for your injuries.

What will happen if more than one person gets hurt in the same accident?

If more than one person gets hurt in a work accident, you may find that people get paid different amounts from their settlement agreements. Now, if you have noticed that one person has been paid a different amount to someone else, don’t worry. The amount of compensation that you get will depend on the injuries you have suffered from. For instance, if someone has suffered from a broken toe, whilst another has suffered paralysis to both the legs, the person with paralysis is going to get a bigger pay-out. This is because their damages are greater. Not only have they suffered from a life-changing experience, but they may have also experienced greater financial damages. Keep this in mind when you go to speak to a solicitor about work accident compensation.

Can I only claim for physical damages when I’ve been injured in a work accident?

When you make a work accident claim, the biggest mistake that most of our clients make are that they only claim for physical injuries. This means they only get a smaller amount of the compensation that they are owed. If you have been hurt whilst in the work place, you could also claim for:

  • Emotional Damages
  • Financial Damages
  • Equipment Damages

That’s why it’s crucial that you take a look at your injuries and the type of things you have lost because of the accident. For instance, if you have lost out on your wage or were forced to pay for physical rehabilitation, you could get that returned to you. Write out your damages and then talk about them with your solicitor. That way you know exactly what you could be owed for your losses. They can come up with an estimated settlement agreement that can cover your damages.

What should I do if I have been involved in a work accident?

The first thing you should do is alert your manager or fellow workers about your work accident. That way it can be put in the work accident book and can be used as evidence. You should prioritize your health and safety above anything else. Make sure to phone an ambulance or the police if there is someone who is getting violent. If you are healthy enough to collect evidence then you can do that. You will want to consider the following evidence:

  • Photographs
  • Videos/CCTV
  • Witness Statements
  • Diary Entries
  • Medical Reports
  • Police Reports

Once you have collected your evidence, you can bring it to your solicitor to get your case started. Let them know if you have any questions.

Contact Gowing Law to help with your Work Accident Compensation Claim!

If you have recently been hurt in a work accident, Gowing Law can help you with your claim! Come to us for free advice and consultations. We can offer our services on a “no win-no fee” basis. That means you will not need to pay any hidden fees and will always come out on top.

Contact us today by phoning 0800 041 8350, email or use our claims checker. One of specialists will then be available to talk you through your claim.

Read more about our blogs!

We always keep our blog page updated with the latest content about UK claims, seasonal events and legal updates. So, make sure to keep checking back to learn more. We would be more than happy to write about your own content suggestions. Send them into and we will write up a blog about them as quickly as possible.

Happy Christmas!

Statistics we're proud of

At Gowing Law, we always put our clients first, this means that we have a great relationship with our Clients and they rate us very highly. See our statistics below!


Would recommend us to
family or friends


Won every day for our
happy clients


Would use us
in future

Starting your claim is easy!

We'll review your details

We'll call you back

Authorised & Trusted

Gowing Law are a professional law firm that specialises in the personal injury sector of the industry. Gowing Law are Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Gowing Law are trusted by the people who they have helped in sucuring the compensation they deserve, with fantastic reviews across all review sites including Trustpilot & Google Reviews.

Gowing Law is law firm based in Manchester but offer their legal services nationwide. We specialise in the personal injury claims and our team of solicitors have the experience and expertise needed to handle your case and help you through the claims process.

Get in touch

P: 0161 464 4444
12th Floor, St. James’s Tower, 7 Charlotte Street, Manchester M1 4DZ
We're here to help!