Month: September 2018

Job Vacancy: Litigation Team Leader

We are currently recruiting for an experienced Litigation Team Leader to be based in our Liverpool office!

To apply, please send your CV to elaine.tyrer@gowinglaw.co.uk

When Botox goes wrong

When Botox goes wrong…

A fitness instructor who has had more than 50 life-changing symptoms, including heart problems, difficulty in breathing, anxiety, loss of bladder control, hair loss, tooth decay and hallucinations attributes these to the affects of having Botox

The fitness instructor started using Botox in 2008 and says that the after affects have changed her life completely.

She aimed to start a family with her partner who ended up being her carer as was unable to work due to the problems she suffered.

Have you been the victim of similar incident?

Has this incident affected you physically or mentally? If so, At Gowing Law Solicitors our goal is to handle your case quickly and efficiently, so you can get the funds you need to rebuild your life. Fill out the contact form and we’ll contact you shortly to set up a consultation. You can also call us at 0161 808 8888 to talk to one of the Team today.

Hair Extension Damage

A horrified customer has been left bald after her hair extensions were fitted with an incorrect glue.

The 38-year-old was left in agony and with a bleeding scalp and believes she was left with no choice but to shave her hair off altogether after her hair extensions were glued to her scalp.

 

The customer said she was gobsmacked that this has happened and would not wish for someone else to go through the same pain she has.

The mother of two asked a mobile beautician who had previously done spray tans for her to fit her hair extensions believing that she knew what she was doing.

Halfway through the session her scalp became really sore and by the evening the pain was unbearable.

She said she was told the new hair would ‘slacken off’ and the pain would ease the next day but 24 hours later she was still suffering.

It was only after a trip to a local hairdressers to get them removed it was explained that they had in fact been fitted with an incorrect glue.

Have you been the victim of similar incident?

Has this incident affected you physically or mentally? If so, At Gowing Law Solicitors our goal is to handle your case quickly and efficiently, so you can get the funds you need to rebuild your life. Fill out the contact form and we’ll contact you shortly to set up a consultation. You can also call us at 0161 808 8888 to talk to one of the Team today.

Mis-Diagnosis: Broken Bones

An outraged mother has revealed how doctor failed to spot her son had broken his ankle.

The son, aged 8, was diagnosed with a sprained ankle and sent home. Only for the pain and suffering to continue which led them back to hospital and being told that her son had, in fact, broken his ankle.

This was a horrifying ordeal for the mother of two, who had to witness her son’s pain and suffering through mis-diagnosis.

Originally, doctors advised that a course of Calpol and exercise would help with the pain. However, upon their return to the A and E department, a cast was fitted.

Have you been the victim of similar incident?

Has this incident affected you physically or mentally? If so, At Gowing Law Solicitors our goal is to handle your case quickly and efficiently, so you can get the funds you need to rebuild your life. Fill out the contact form and we’ll contact you shortly to set up a consultation. You can also call us at 0161 808 8888 to talk to one of the Team today.

Man Loses Fingers in Workplace Accident

A decorative panel manufacturing company was fined after a worker was injured when using an industrial saw.

Leeds Magistrates’ Court heard how, in March 2016, an employee of an industrial cutting company was working alongside colleagues using a beam saw to cut sheets of MDF. When he reached into a hole in the fixed guarding, which he believed was a viewing hole, to clear waste offcuts, his fingers became trapped under a drive chain and sprocket. As he pulled his hand out, three fingers were severed.

An investigation found that, while suitable guarding was in place on other areas of the machine, the company had failed to identify the hazard posed by the open hole where access to the dangerous moving parts was possible and injury could be caused.

The company was found to have breached the code of practice for the safe use of machinery in the workplace and was ordered to pay costs of £45,859.

Have you been the victim of similar incident?

Has this incident affected you physically or mentally? If so, At Gowing Law Solicitors our goal is to handle your case quickly and efficiently, so you can get the funds you need to rebuild your life. Fill out the contact form and we’ll contact you shortly to set up a consultation. You can also call us at 0161 808 8888 to talk to one of the Team today.